Every bride has high expectations for their wedding day, as they should. There is a ton of effort and money that goes into the planning and execution of a party on this grand scale. Here are a few tips from the pro’s at C. Johnson Makeup to make sure your styling goes smoothly the day of the wedding:
- Prep Yourself- Arrive with clean, moisturized skin. Please put on Chapstick beforehand if needed. Hair should be clean & dry. Never arrive with wet hair unless your stylist has instructed you to do so. Also make sure brows are groomed. Timelines the day of the wedding typically do not allow for these tedious details to be tended to. So be prepared in advance.
- Allergies- It’s very important to alert your artist of any potential skin or scalp sensitivities or allergies BEFORE the wedding day. This will allow your stylist the opportunity bring products to accommodate sensitive skin and allergies. If you have a product you use strictly, bring it for your application.
- Style Selections- Each bridal party member should come prepared with one pre-selected hairstyle (photos are helpful). Makeup doesn’t have to be the same for each person, but it is ideal that it be in the same family of colors/styles. Keeping in mind the Bride gets final approval.
- The Basics- Please brush your teeth, use the restroom, & have breakfast or lunch prior to your makeup service. Eating in a makeup artists chair can cause major delays. Delegate tasks to others while getting your glam on for this special occasion. Trust us, your experience will be much more enjoyable if you take time to do the basics. No one wants to deal with a hangry wedding party.
- Timing- Make sure you and our wedding party stay on track with the schedule. For large wedding parties this is especially important. You don’t want to be the bridesmaid who throws a wrench in finely tuned wedding day timeline.
If you and your crew abide by these five easy tips, EVERYONE involved will live happily ever after.
Engagement photos are one of the highlights of your wedding journey so make sure your location is as on point as your makeup. One of the most incredible, and typically free, options for bridal backgrounds is right under your feet. Literally! Don’t neglect your natural surroundings as a contender for location. Go on hikes with your sweetheart and scout photo ops together. It’s a great way to bond over wedding planning while you get in some exercise. Photographers love to shoot in natural light so while you are scouting take photos of the potential location so you can review your options later and don’t forget to note the time of day to help decipher the ideal time for lighting. The day of the shoot, take shoes to wear that will make your location accessible and then change on site as needed. To create a custom stylized effect, add props that will embellish your photos to make them truly unique and personalized. This is a great way to showcase the beauty of your locality. For those friends and family who will attend your event from out of state, they will enjoy seeing you in your natural surroundings. Thank you for this gorgeous photo from Blue Rose Photography.
With a background in dancing & pageantry, our gorgeous bride, Carin looked incredible wearing a sophisticated makeup look, emphasizing her natural beauty. I took extra care to keep her makeup very clean & precise, & our team was especially excited to show off her beautiful hair by giving her a sexy, loose curl (which paired perfectly with the elegant neckline of her dress). Carin is undeniably beautiful & her bridal party was one of the most fun groups we’ve had the pleasure of doing makeup for!
Leave it to wedding planner, Maria Socha from Sealed With A Kiss to coordinate a stunning wedding featuring bold red bridesmaids gowns & elegant white flowers amidst the gorgeous backdrop of Hotel Albuquerque. & thank goodness for the immeasurably talented Tony Gambino for capturing it all!
Here are some of our favorite images from the Anniversary photo session we did at the end of August. Take a peek inside the beautiful new chapel at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque Downtown. Photos by Blue Rose Photography. Flowers by Albuquerque Florist, Inc.. Styling by Lauren, owner of Just Lovely Weddings. Makeup & Hair by us – C. Johnson Makeup. Groom’s attire by Suits Unlimited Models: Emilia and Konrad.
Really there’s no way to describe this hair & makeup; you just have to see it. I’m so proud of these images because it’s the first photo shoot that I conceptualized. I have to send a HUGE, HUGE , HUGE, heartfelt “thank you” to Kristina at Blue Rose Photography for supporting, drawing out, & filling in the gaps on my vision. I could not have done anything even close to something as lovely as this without you!! Feast your eyes ladies & gents…
Thanks to Sophia for having the best hair in the world for this braid & for knowing how to work a flowy dress like a boss!
Location: Hotel Parq Central